It's the final hour before you leave the house.
You're juggling a dual game of “Beat the Clock” and “Check Off the Pack List.”
While staring at your stuffed suitcase, you ask yourself, 'Is there anything else I have to bring?'
Enter. . .the jolt of memory jog.
'Wait, wait. . .the hair! I can't forget the hair!'
No, you cannot forget the hair. A complete look includes a dazzling 'do!
So how do you bundle your cherished “girls” while keeping them intact, protected and sitting pretty while you jet-set?
Here are Ten in-transit tips to globe-trot with:
1) Zip It Good. Keep all liquids/creams in their own SEALED or zipped bags.
Most likely you packed these in the stowed away luggage to dodge the TSA hassle. If they are banked in the same baggage as your wig, seal them in a zip-lock bag. You don't need a liquid leak or product explosion all over your awesome tresses.
2) Static Free. Spray a little Static Guard into the box (BEFORE adding the wig) to eliminate the dreaded suspended hairs.
3) Sock It. Roll a couple CLEAN pairs of socks and place along the inside cap crown. This gives the hairstyle a rounded shape while stored (and saves packing space :).
4) Net n' Fold. Cover the locks with a hairnet (top to bottom). Fold and roll the length of the hair, into the inside of the cap. Place on it's side.
5) Wig in a Box. It's an easy last minute method--cramma-jammin' your hair in a plastic grocery bag and squeezing it into the carry-on. Take time to pack your weave in a shoe box or the box from the manufacturer. If it's going into the large luggage, pack it first so you have clothing ONLY stacked on top of it. The clothing provides cushion without being too heavy (if you're not crushing it). The box allows your mane to keep it's shape.
6) Hotel Hangin'. Use the hotel coat hangers (if you forgot a portable wig stand). This overlooked tool allows you to wash your weave at night and link the hook through a weft or strap. Hang in the shower to drip/dry overnight. This passes a flow-through of air to dry the cap. These are easy to flop your fibers on at the end of the day. The wig will be fine draping upside down overnight.
7) Carry-On. Warm weather makes the plane quite toasty. Box and bring your wig in the carry-on bag. Checked bag storage is hot during the summer months. Constant heat shortens the life of human and synthetic hair fiber.
8) Be Up Front. Let your “girl” ride passenger during those long distance summer jaunts. She will prefer the air conditioning versus the stuffy, hot trunk. Again, lingering heat wears down human and synthetic strands.
9) Cool Comfort. Tote your tresses into the refreshingly cool A/C of your hotel room during those summer sleepovers. Sweltering summer temperatures damage your wiggy wefts.
10) Ready-to-Go. Have your wig cleaned, de-matted (if necessary) and styled BEFORE your trip (especially if it's synthetic). This saves styling time which means MORE time outside, enjoying your vacation.
Now you are armed and set to conquer that loaded luggage and arrive to any destination ready-to-wear, your perfectly coiffed hair. Happy trails and tresses!
One of my favorite models is back and we just finished a new photo shoot! Here are more photos of the ever-elegant Lauren. :)) Make sure to scroll down once you click link.
I'm Hot Studio is now accepting cryptocurrency! This is a great alternative for those who prefer not to use traditional methods of payment.
Those who do not have a crypto account, there is an easy place to start and you can start small.
Click this referral link https://www.coinbase.com/join/5a0f057d7ede7c02522b3e7f
If you use this link to buy or sell $100 of digital currency or more, we both get $10 of free bitcoin.
Once we've scheduled the details for your appointment, I will send you the link to send payment. Thank you and I'll see you soon at the studio :).
**Not financial advice. :) Ethereum and Litecoin have lower withdrawal fees and faster transaction times than Bitcoin. A withdrawal fee is what you pay when you want to "cash out" the cryptocurrency for cash (also known as fiat). This is a helpful tip to know when you're selecting a cryptocurrency for purchase to open or start your account.
Again, not financial advice, but I recommend Ethereum and Litecoin. :). There are plenty of videos and white papers for all cryptocurrencies, so read and watch up :).
Ladies, do you need to prepare for First Event 2018?
Is your wig looking frizzy? Do you want to learn a better make-up application or have a makeover before you arrive at the hotel?
I've been receiving calls for makeover lessons, make-up applications, wig refurbishing/styling and new wig purchases.
Ladies who will be attending First Event 2018 (January 31-February 4, 2018) schedule your appointments NOW to look selfie-ready for the festivities!
Refresh an old wig or purchase a new one to have your hair on point!!
Some girls are scheduling makeovers before arriving at the hotel. It will be held in Marlborough MA, which is off of 495 and passes by my studio in Amesbury.
Reach out to email@example.com to book your custom time block now before the big event!
Enjoy the Christmas and holiday season and I'll see you soon!! :))
I love when I receive out-of-the-blue feedback on how my services have helped someone :)).
Just wanted to send a note to say thank you!!! The new hair piece you chose for me was a huge confidence boost and made for an unforgettable evening. You were so right on the style and color, you totally nailed it for me. I received plenty of compliments on my hair which looked so real as well as my outfit. Words cannot express how amazing I felt thanks to your coaching, help with my wardrobe and your support !
Will be in touch soon for another appointment. :)"
Here's a quick sneak peek of a makeover for glamorous model Marnie. Video and photos describing the makeover process are on the way! The after photo here has not been retouched. Marnie makeover photos are here (more will be added).
I've been receiving makeover requests from the Sunshine State--Florida, so I'm considering a trip south :). Send an email with FL in the subject line and indicate what services you're interested in :) Talk soon!!
Introducing I'm Hot Studio's GET HOT 1, 3 or 5-Day Transformation Intensives.
Are you taking the big step of transitioning or are you looking to live en femme full-time?
This will be your one-stop to have undivided attention and private training with a licensed cosmetologist/make-up artist, wardrobe, comportment, voice and other experts.
Your program will be tailored made to advance your skills and take them to the next level. Send an email with the subject line Intensive for more information. Talk soon :).
Here I show you a Shower Method for washing a synthetic wig.
This technique is much cleaner and less drying than using a basin/sink for washing. It's less drying because the hair shafts are not soaking in shampoo. This method is cleaner because the length of the hair is not marinating in the the grimy water. :)
The Shower Method is super handy for home washing and especially traveling.
how to wash a synthetic wig, how to wash a wig, synthetic wig care, wig care, washing synthetic wig, how to make a synthetic wig soft again, how to brush a wig, how to wash synthetic hair, how to wash a synthetic wig with fabric softener, washing a wig, washing wigs, shampoo for wigs, synthetic hair care, can you wash a synthetic wig, how to clean a synthetic wig
I'm Hot Studio
Hair, Wigs, Makeup, Photos, Inspiration